Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm back!

So after months of being away... I'm back! Back to write more random stuff on this blog, which probably needs a new title now that I've not only completed Year 11, but I've also graduated from high school and studied Chinese in China for a semester! (Don't worry, I'll keep the blog title and address the same so that you can find it easily. Also, "Gap Year Misadventures" might sound better but it doesn't really hint at what this blog is about, i.e. learning.)

So what are my plans for the rest of my gap year? Well, my main plan is to get a job and/or some volunteer work to gain some experience and learn some new skills. I'm trying to keep up clarinet practise and Chinese study. Also I bought loads of books while I was in China, so I'd better get around to reading them to make the arduous task of carrying them all home worth it. (My two pieces of luggage weighed 38kg combined. That doesn't include my 8kg backpack that I took on board as hand luggage. Thankfully Mum and I pre-booked 40kg on Air Asia and Scoot.) The book I am reading right now is called 致我们终将逝去的青春 by 辛夷坞. It was recommended to me by my Comprehensive Class teacher when I was in China.

Another thing I intend to do is continue with this blog. That means that I need to do some study of some sort, so that I can find some fodder to feed this blog. I mean, I could always just post up stuff about learning Chinese, but that would probably get boring after a while. At the moment all I can think of is reading the non-fiction Chinese children's books that I bought but I didn't exactly choose a diverse range of topics (pretty much all the non-fiction Chinese books I have- and there aren't actually that many- are about human bio or Chinese history) or maybe going through my old maths books and writing about maths but EEK I DON'T WANT TO TOUCH THAT SUBJECT UNTIL I REALLY HAVE TO!!! *gasp* *breathe*

(Nothing just happened! I'm fine! I swear!)

Okay. Now, where was I?

Right, I remember now. I was talking about what to write about on this blog. If there's any particular topic that you want me to write about, feel free to suggest it and I'll do what I can to accommodate you, even if that subject is maths. Don't worry about me. My stomach is strong (though the bins in Terminal 2 of Kuala Lumpur International Airport might tell you otherwise). I am strong. I can handle this. I CAN DO THIS!!

*faints*

No comments:

Post a Comment